Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Here is some pictures of our first Mighty Hunting Trip!! (Sadly to say my battery was dead on our second hunting trip that just Jonathan and I went on.) Anyhow, we took Coleton to the Mountains up by Stanley Id., over Halloween weekend. I do mention in one of my blogs that Coleton hates Halloween so he was thrilled! We took off and got there at night, of course, and had to set up camp. It wasn't too bad. Then we woke up to rain!! Ahhh! Jonathan made breakfast and we hung out in the tent untill about 11:00am. It tried to clear up (so we thought) and we took off on the horses up the mountain! Coleton was great on his horse and he took the lead most of the day. We rode up a trail until it got to steep and rocky and we tied the horses up and hiked. We saw some elk tracks but it started snowing so bad we thought we better go down the mountain so we wouldn't get stuck up there. So, we took the horses down to the road and rode up the road a while until we were soaked through with rain! What a day! We went back to the tent and tried to dry off but realized we had nothing dry to wear the next day so we packed up and came home! It really was ok with me! We had a great time, especially having Coleton there to show off! Hope you enjoy the slide show!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That hunt looks like so much fun! I wish I had horses when we went, so much better! I hate going hunting and not seeing anthing! But it is so fun looking for signs of elk everywhere! I bet Colton loved that day with mom and Dad, great memories:) Ashton looked really cute in her birthday outfit! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey;)
talk to you soon

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Your hair is fabulous! The snow, the horses - you are my hero! (Wish we could have been there.)