Kevin says I look way fat here! I am so not offended because I have about 4 layers of clothing on! I was not cold!
The Great Hunter. (That's all we did all day! Right, that is what you are supposed to do, I kept forgetting!)
So, Jonathan really did want me to come along, mostly, so he could show off! I thought we would go to the mountains and be like crazy newly weds! Nope! Not even once! I kept stopping to kiss him and he would stop walking long enough to kiss me back, barely, and say "OK, we got to go". I finally gave up!! I thought he was way sexy in his hunting get up and being the wild mountain man. But, I have learned! You do go hunting (with your spouse) to get something,(like an elk) not to just get some!! I have changed my outlook on hunting with Jonathan. It really is for hunting! Who knew!! Although we didn't get anything (litterally!) We had a pretty exciting experience! We were sitting on a rock waiting for an Elk to walk out of the woods. As we were sitting there, we started hearing an animal walking around! The branches kept cracking, so we knew something was there! How exciting!! Of course, I had to cough!! I muffled it as best as possible, but to my dismay, I got a very dirty look from Jonathan! So, I thought to myself, if he doesn't want me coughing all day, I will need to puff on my inhailer. So, I very carefully and slowly unzip the backpack. In the mountains, waiting silently for an animal, that move sounded like a fog horn... ZZZZZIIIIIPPPPP! That warranted another dirty look! Then, I had to take a puff. A normally quiet activity, NOPE, not in the mountains. PPPPPUUUUUFFFFFFFF! He decided to move away from me at that point. So, he gets up and while he does, I proceed to change positions, and he about shoved me back down to make me stay, for fear I would go with him.
So, we sit some-more and again hear the branches crack! How exciting, an animal. Until, I swear I hear puppies and freak myself out because I now think I might be attacked by a momma wolf! So, I prepare to run while Jonathan takes a closer look. Our wild animal ended up being pine cones falling from the trees!! As I said before... Things are a lot louder out in the mountains while, silently waiting for animals!!

I look so "HOT", I can't believe my husband wasn't all over me!! HAH!
The next day Jonathan thought we could go for a horse back ride. I went along thinking it would be romantic! I was yet again proven wrong. It was however, enjoyable! We took off to the stream to get the horses some water before we road to far. My horse was extremely thirsty and I had to keep slowing him down. He was in quite a hurry and I was NOT! It was slippery because of the frost on the ground and he kept slipping which was not fun. Anyhow, we got to the stream and it was frozen. Taz started stomping on the ice because he was so thirsty. I thought to myself, "how am I going to break the ice if a horse can't even do it!" Jonathan proved, yet again, that he is the man and broke the water for the horses to drink from. So, we water the horses and begin our little ride along the hill side. I totally thought we would ride side by side and talk and just injoy being together! Nope Jonathan was in the mountains, on a horse! He wasn't about to waste that precious time with me!! He started climbing and working his horse. I fallowed for a while then thought better of it and let my horse eat and the bottom of the hill. The best part was, Scott and Christine drove by on the 4-wheeler while I am sitting at the bottom of the hill waiting for Jonathan to finish "showing off"! I am sure she thought "How romanic"!! OH Well, at least we were together and I didn't die! Plus, I have to admit I like to watch Jonathan ride. He can be pretty sexy!
6 comments:
Ummm, can you say that word (se*y) on blogger??!!! Just kidding! YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!! I'm glad you had a great time, even though your husband was't completely cooperative! (maybe it had something to do with the fact that you were afraid to come out of your sleeping bag at night with all that smoke in your tent! :)
That's as funny the second time reading it as it was the first time when you told me first hand. So did you get some at home, because it sounds like you might need to.
You did look hot! Sorry it wasn't a more romantic weekend for you. Now that you know the "trick" maybe it will go better next time. (I am anxious to go again!)
Listen, you cant expect a non multitasking man to just pick up on little subtle hints when his focus is providing his family with food. Men are not multitaskers for a reason. We go to do one thing and get that done. Had someone not talked all night outside of the tent with someone else the outcome of this hunt could have been different ( I still maintain that we went to hunt!!!)
At least I am providing everyone with something to talk about for years to come and you all can have a good laugh at my expense, you see I really am thoughtful!! LOL
Enjoy
Jonathan
I haven't ever heard of couples chatting on their blogs, but man is it entertaining. Maybe you guys should work on hanging out together in the flesh instead of on the web. Now that Jonathan is out of the tractor that might be an option. I loved your recap of the trip & we had a great time at dinner the other night!
Tif-I did not think they needed to rate blogs on whether they are "PG" or "R"...I think yours is borderline....but it was great entertainment! You and I have often talked about how much you remind me of Ashley, and I thought the same thing when I read this blog. My exchange student just asked "if that was a very L.D.S. way to talk"!!! What should I tell her???? (Don't worry, she has lived in my house for 4 months so she knows how I talk!!) You are a doll and I am glad we are related even if it is just through Shawna & Brad. I'll take you for a little sister anyday! Love Ya! Dianne PS How old are you? My exchange student wants to know!
Post a Comment